Phnom Penh: The Capital City of Cambodia
Given Cambodia's colonial past, you can expect to discover genuine gems in many villages and cities around the Kingdom.
But not all villas date from that period. Due to the ten-year economic and construction boom, numerous brand-new contemporary villas in prime locations have been produced. Villas are regarded as high-end residential properties and are virtually always completely detached.
Construction of eco-friendly and sustainable buildings will increase dramatically in Cambodia's real estate trends by 2023 as environmental concerns gain appeal worldwide. Looking ahead into 2023, we can expect a rising interest in high-end properties in Cambodia. Additionally, there is a growing appetite for rental homes. While Cambodia's property market has seen steady growth over the last decade, it might hit some road bumps in 2023, with global economic shifts, lesser interest from Chinese buyers, and an overflow of new properties. But, with the country's economy still growing and the government pushing for better investment settings, it is a prime time for buyers since the property prices are leaning in their favour.
IPS Cambodia is a well-known and trusted real estate developer in Cambodia. They provide a diverse selection of high-quality villas and houses in Cambodia's capital city's great locations, all with excellent building quality, facilities, and customer service. They offer the most competitive prices and offer a good investment potential.
What are the top 3 reasons to invest in Phnom Penh villas?
- The real estate market is doing incredibly well, and prices will keep rising to keep up with demand.
- The city is known for its remarkable and recognisable structures, including the Independence Monument, constructed in the New Khmer architectural style and draws tourists due to its exquisite workmanship and distinctive style.
- The cost of living in Phnom Penh is extremely low; a can of Anchor beer costs an absurd 50 cents, a DVD of a recently released film costs $1, and coconut water costs just $1.
Advantages of Choosing a Villa For Sale in Phnom Penh
- Villas are an excellent option for families or individuals who desire a lot of personal space because they usually offer more room than other properties, such as apartments or condos. In addition, they frequently feature private gardens or swimming areas that give residents a space to relax.
- Villas are in high demand from both domestic and foreign purchasers as Phnom Penh's real estate market continues to rise. It indicates that, with the potential for significant capital growth over time, villas can be a wise investment.
- Villas are frequently found in highly sought-after parts of Phnom Penh, such as those close to retail centres, hospitals, international schools, and other services. As a result, residents will find them more handy, and prospective tenants or buyers will find them more appealing.
- Phnom Penh villas are usually constructed with superior materials and finishing. It indicates that they probably require little upkeep and are long-lasting.
- Villas provide their occupants with a great degree of seclusion and safety. They frequently have private security guards and are surrounded by walls or fences.
What is the Phnom Penh lifestyle like?
Along with a variety of Phnom penh marketplaces to meet all of your shopping needs, this capital city boasts several significant tourist destinations, including the National Museum, the Royal Palace, the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, the Silver Pagoda, the Choeung Ek Killing Fields, and Wat Phnom.
You may try delicious street cuisine and traditional Cambodian meals in Phnom Penh. Additionally, you can savour other high-class Asian and Western cuisines and French bistros.
90% of people living in Phnom Penh area speak Khmer, which is the official language of Cambodia. It is also used in all government agencies, the media, and all levels of education. Chinese, French, and English are also spoken here as minority languages.
Numerous Asian cities have direct flights to Phnom Penh, and frequent bus connections are available to Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City. Travellers from abroad who arrive in Cambodia arrive at either the capital or Siem Reap. Nonetheless, there are domestic flight options to and from Sihanoukville and Siem Reap.
With several clubs arranged in what are known as "bar streets," Phnom Penh boasts a rather lively nightlife. If you enjoy going out to Phnom Penh bars, it makes it simple for you to do so from twilight until dawn.
Although there is not much comprehensive medical care available in Phnom Penh, things are steadily getting better. There are a few excellent hospitals, but in the event of a major medical illness, it is always preferable to have health insurance so that you may receive treatment in other cities with more cutting-edge medical facilities.
Villa Types, Characteristics and Avg Rent Offered by IPS Cambodia
The Cambodian property market is made up of the following types: shophouses, borey homes, villas, and condo. Villas are a townhouse, although, unlike townhouses, they are self-contained. Cambodian villas are mainly characterized as follows:
Traditional Khmer Villas
- These villas are made with wooden stilts and thatched roofs in the traditional Khmer style.
- They are frequently embellished with intricate carvings and sculptures.
Luxurious French-style villas
- These villas represent the architectural style of the time built during the French colonial period.
- They are usually vast and open, with high ceilings and big windows.
- These villas are designed with clean lines and a minimalist aesthetic. Swimming pools, gardens, and terraces are common amenities.
Popular Areas to Buy Villas in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh is the most popular city in Cambodia. You can easily find gated communities and safe villas appropriate for locals and foreigners. Phnom Penh offers many residential neighborhoods to fit every lifestyle and budget. Some neighborhoods are desirable because they are close to commercial districts. The best views can be found in other places, such as the Riverside region. Some locals make their neighborhood choices because of their rural charm.
The features of each of the 14 districts in Phnom Penh are listed below.
Boeung Keng Kang
- Before it's separation into its own Khan in 2019, BKK 1, 2, and 3 were a part of the Chamkar Mon district. The BKK land area is ringed by the four main roads, Street 163 (east), Preah Sihanouk Blvd (north), Norodom Blvd (west), and Mao Tse Tung Blvd (south). BKK1 (most prestigious location) has the highest rental costs out of all the districts.
The economic hub of Cambodia is Chamkarmon. The Chamkar Mon district has several well-liked locations, such as:
- Ideally situated for easy access to all areas of Chamkar Mon.
- Tonle Bassac is five minutes away from every district.
- The majority of Phnom Penh's foreign embassies are located in this district.
- It is home to Nagaworld, Diamond City (Koh Pich), and numerous well-established international schools.
- Tonle Bassac is home to popular tourist attractions like the Statue of Sihanouk Norodom and AEON Mall 1.
- It is a popular place for many foreigners to live in the city.
- This area is home to numerous non-governmental organizations and Embassy employees.
Toul Tum Poung
- Separated into TTP 1 and TTP 2 sections.
- The Toul Tum Poung 1 Russian Market is well-known.
- It is the city's most secure neighborhood for visitors.
- There are both residential and commercial buildings in Toul Tum Poung.
- It is home to many businesses, including cafes, restaurants, retail stores, pharmacies, and clinics.
- It is a calm residential neighborhood with nearby commercial buildings.
- The Royal University of Law and Boeung Trabek Plaza are well-known landmarks.
- The Olympic Market is the most visited landmark.
- Compared to TTP and Boeung Trabek, villas and other properties are more costly.
- The rental costs for the housing spaces are the same as those in BKK and Tonle Bassac.
- Olympic is primarily a business district.
- A popular district with lots of tourist attractions is Khan Daun Penh. The best place to have fun is St 172, which is in this area.
- The Wat Phnom Temple, Royal Railway Station, Sisowath Quay, National Museum, and Royal Palace are additional tourist attractions.
- In this district, there are housing options to suit every budget. Many villas feature balconies with stunning views of the river.
Khan 7 Makara
- The heart of Phnom Penh City is 7 Makara, sometimes referred to as Prampir Makara. It is the smallest area in Phnom Penh.
- In contrast to Chamkar Mon, Khan 7 Makara offers cheaper house for sale in Phnom Penh The National Olympic Stadium, Phnom Penh International University, and O'Russey Market are well-known landmarks.
- Toul Kork, a newly developed business district, is about 20 minutes from BKK. It boasts many recently constructed commercial buildings and gated communities called Boreys.
- Even though Toul Kork is one of the busiest neighborhoods, it nevertheless feels like the country.
- Shophouses, apartments, and condos can be rented for less money than in the downtown regions. In this area, residential rentals can begin at $500 and up.
- Steung Meanchey is the largest of Khan Meanchey's four Sangkats. The district is used for industrial purposes right now.
- There are a lot of factories in this region. When the factories' contracts expire, the government intends to relocate them to a different province. Negotiations are in progress to turn the area into a residential area. It is a long-term solution to the residential and commercial real estate shortage.
- In the city of Phnom Penh, the district is the second largest. Its land area is approximately 106 kilometres.
- It extends from the Tonle Sap River in the west to the Dangkor district in the east.
- The cost of renting a shophouse, a local apartment complex, or a villa with Khmer architectural influences is less here.
- Por Senchey, the largest land area, is home to 158 phums and 13 Sangkats.
- The largest gated community in the district is Borey New World, which is residential in nature.
- The well-known landmark in Pochentong commune is the Phnom Penh International Airport.
- This area is a little more expensive than other suburbs like Sen Sok, Meanchey, and Russei Keo because of its proximity to the airport, even though it is still far from the city centre.
- Nearly the entire western region of Phnom Penh is covered by Por Senchey.
- Due to the inexpensive land prices, it is a desirable investment area for low- to mid-priced development.
- There aren't many expensive residential areas. Most housing options are gated community houses, shophouses, or Khmer villas.
- One of the neighbourhoods prepared for commercial use is Chbar Ampov, which offers stunning views of the Mekong and Bassac Rivers.
- Borey in Phnom Penh's Chbar is still developing in many ways.
- Thanks to these developments, more housing is available for those who live and work in the city.
- Apart from that, there are still a variety of affordable Khmer villas and local apartments available, with monthly rates of about $600 for villas.
- A residential space here suits you, whether you work in the city or decide to live here permanently.
How IPS Cambodia Can Help to Buy a Villa in Phnom Penh
As a trusted real estate company, we are experts at assisting single people and families in locating the perfect villas & houses for sale Phnom Penh. We are your go-to partner in finding the ideal villa in Phnom Penh because of our in-depth understanding of the local real estate market and commitment to providing great customer service.
Additional advantages of selecting IPS Cambodia for buying a villa for sale in Phnom Penh include the following:
Ample Listings of Properties
- Our website features a comprehensive and current database of Phnom Penh house & villas.
- Our extensive property listings have a large selection of villas, all of which may be customized to meet your needs, preferences, and budget.
- We provide various options to meet your needs, whether you're searching for a modern, Luxurious French-style villa, a traditional Khmer villa, a modern villa, etc.
- Our agents know that listing browsing is not enough to find the ideal villa. In order to comprehend your unique needs and preferences, we provide individualized consultation services.
- We can offer insightful advice and assist in identifying the solutions that best fit your preferences for location, spending limit, and lifestyle by listening to your needs.
Local Market Proficiency
- Being a well-known real estate company in Cambodia, we are well-versed in the Phnom Penh local market.
- Our team of seasoned agents is well-versed in the rental market dynamics, city areas, and rental trends.
- Using our experience, we can offer insightful commentary and guidance to assist you in making well-informed choices regarding buying a villa in Phnom Penh.
Negotiations and Property Viewings
- We will schedule property viewings at a time that works for you once you've narrowed down your choice of suitable villas and houses for sale in Phnom Penh.
- Along with offering professional advice and attending to any queries you may have regarding the properties, our committed agents will go with you to the viewing.
- Furthermore, we can help you acquire the finest possible buying agreement for the villa for sale in Phnom Penh of your choice by assisting you in negotiating.
Support for Lease Agreements
- It can be challenging to navigate the leasing agreement process, particularly when doing it abroad.
- We make this procedure easier by providing thorough support for leasing agreements.
- Our staff will thoroughly review the lease's terms and conditions to safeguard your rights and interests.
- They will help you with the paperwork, ensuring a hassle-free and seamless process throughout.
Assistance After Rental
- Beyond the rental procedure, we are dedicated to satisfying our customers.
- We offer first-rate post-rental assistance to resolve any problems or questions that could come up during your lease.
- Our committed staff is available by phone to help with any maintenance needs, utility connections, or general questions.
- We want your rental experience in Phnom Penh to be as smooth as possible.
Step-by-Step Guide on Buying a Villa in Phnom Penh
Step 1- Speak with a Property Expert
- Contact a respectable Cambodian real estate company, like IPS Cambodia, as the initial step.
- Call them and let them know what you need in order to buy a villa. Provide vital information about your chosen location, spending limit, amenities, and any other preferences you may have.
- The agency gains a better understanding of your needs and can focus its search for ideal villas for sale.
Step 2- Describe Your Needs
- Give a thorough explanation of your needs throughout the call.
- Make it clear what amenities you want, how many bedrooms you want, and any other qualities you really want in a villa.
- The more specific you are, the more the agency will be able to match your requirements with the properties that are listed in their database.
Step 3- Locating the Best Available Villas For Sale
- The real estate company will use your information to scan their extensive database to locate the best villas in Phnom Penh that meet your requirements.
- You will save time and effort in your search by selecting available villas that fit your needs.
Step 4- Property Visit and Inspection
- After you've made a shortlist of potential villas, it's time to set up property visits.
- The real estate company will schedule a time for you to come see the villas in person.
- Make sure to thoroughly check the property during your visits, taking note of its general state, features, and any particular features you may have in mind.
- Make a note of any prospective maintenance problems or anything that needs fixing.
Step 5: Negotiate and Make an Offer
- After you select a villa that satisfies your needs, it's time to work out the terms and submit a bid.
- To ascertain a reasonable buying amount and any other terms or conditions you might need, collaborate closely with the real estate company.
- Serving as a go-between for you and the property owner, the agency will assist in the negotiating process.
Step 6: Necessary Paperwork
- Provide the required documentation, such as Proof of identification, residential book, Birth Certificate, Single Certificate or Marriage Certificate, copy of Witnesses ID card, etc.
- Expats cannot own land outright in Cambodia. However, in certain structures, they can own properties from the first floor up (strata title).
- For villas, expats frequently use long-term leases or form a legal organization, such as a local corporation, to keep the land.
- Locals, on the other hand, face no such constraints.
- Verify the land title to ensure that there are no conflicts and that the seller has the legal right to sell the property.
- Hire a lawyer for a better understanding of rules and regulations. A 4% tax is imposed on the transfer of ownership of the villa.
Step 7: Payment Process
- Payment terms and conditions will depend on various things, such as whether the project is completed or under construction. It may also vary from seller to seller.
- The type of payment method depends on the sellers and the property. Some may accept monthly installment payments or payments based on construction progress, while others may only accept full payment or bank financing.
- Look into mortgage alternatives from foreign banks operating in Cambodia or from banks and financial organizations in your own country.
- Property vendors may also provide local financing solutions, such as installment plans.
Step 8: Moving and Settling In
- Taking up residence in a new villa can be an exciting journey. There is a lot to do when it comes to getting ready to move into your new home.
If you're moving a long distance or have a lot of stuff, consider hiring a moving company. Top moving companies in Phnom Penh include Asian Tigers, AGS International Movers, and MRB Trucking.
- Your move will go more smoothly if you follow these tips:
- After deciding on a moving firm, schedule your relocation and obtain a price.
- Ensure you have all the paperwork needed to clear customs, especially if you're relocating overseas.
- Before packing, sort and arrange your possessions to get rid of anything extra.
- Organize your boxes and properly mark them to make unpacking easier.
- Consider purchasing property insurance when you move.
Setting Up Your New Home
After you move in, there are a few things you need to do to get your new villa set up. Here are a few guidelines:
- Door locks need to be replaced.
- Install the gas, water and electricity in your home.
- Connect your internet and cable TV together.
- Organize your recently purchased space and unpack your belongings.
- Decorate your new home to make it uniquely yours.
- After settling in, you might want to get involved in the community. Recognise community norms and familiarise oneself with Cambodian customs. Volunteering, attending community events, and joining a local club or group are great ways to get engaged.
Step 9: Property Management Services Post Renting
- If you rent your villa, get in contact with Property Management Services to ensure that the villa is looked after, to address concerns related to safety and security, to request additional services, to get answers concerning the terms of the lease, to maintain the villa.
Step 10: Maintenance and Repair
Owning a villa or house for sale Phnom Penh necessitates regular maintenance to ensure it remains a comfortable haven and retains its value. Perform routine inspections, such as inspecting the roof for potential leaks and ensuring the plumbing and electrical systems are in good working order. Additionally, regular pest control is required to keep unwanted critters at bay and your home safe. Proper and consistent maintenance saves money on renovations and repairs
in the long run.
Use IPS Cambodia to simplify your buying experience. View our available villa listings now! Choose the perfect location to call home by looking through our selection of house for sale in Phnom Penh.
Are you ready to schedule a viewing, or are you simply looking for additional information? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. If you fill out our short inquiry form, we promise to get back to you right away with assistance.
Prime Locations to Buy Houses/Villas in Phnom Penh
Navigate through our expansive offerings of houses for sale in Phnom Penh's prominent districts:
Prime Phnom Penh Houses/Villas for Sale
House/Villa for Sale in BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in BKK 1, BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in BKK 3, BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in Toul Svay Prey 1 BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in Toul Svay Prey 2 BKK
- House/Villa for Sale in Tumnup Teuk BKK
House/Villa for Sale in Khan Chbar Ampov
- House/Villa for Sale in Nirouth Khan Chbar Ampov
- House/Villa for Sale in Preaek Aeng Khan Chbar Ampov
- House/Villa for Sale in Preaek Pra Khan Chbar Ampov
- House/Villa for Sale in Preaek Thmei Khan Chbar Ampov
- House/Villa for Sale in Veal Sbov Khan Chbar Ampov
House/Villa for Sale in Chroy Changvar
House/Villa for Sale in Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Toul Tum Poung 1 Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Tonle Bassac Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Toul Tum Poung 2 Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Phsar Daeum Thkov Chamkarmon
- House/Villa for Sale in Boeung Trabek Chamkarmon
House/Villa for Sale in Daun Penh
- House/Villa for Sale in Daun Penh
- House/Villa for Sale in Chakto Mukh Daun Penh
- House/villa for Sale in Srah Chork Daun Penh
- House/villa for Sale in Wat Phnom Daun Penh
House/Villa for Sale in Toul Kork
House/Villa for Sale in Khan Por Sen Chey
- House/villa for Sale in Khan Por Sen Chey
- House/Villa for Sale in Chaom Chau 1 Khan Por Sen Chey
- House/Villa for Sale in Kakab 1 Khan Por Sen Chey
House/Villa for Sale in Sen Sok
- House/Villa for Sale in Sen Sok
- House/Villa for Sale in Phnom Penh Thmey Sen Sok
- House/Villa for Sale in Teuk Thla Sen Sok
House/Villa for Sale in Khan Meanchey
House/Villa for Sale in Khan 7 Makara
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can find both new and resale villas for sale in Phnom Penh through IPS. Apart from villas you can also find new Phnom Penh house for sale.
Specific villa locations in Phnom Penh that are currently in high demand are BKK1, Daun Penh, Tonle Bassac, and Toul Kork.
This primarily depends on your current and future needs. Consider the number of bedrooms and bathrooms required, whether you need office space, storage areas, outdoor space, etc.
Foreign nationals cannot own land directly in Cambodia. However, they can own properties above the ground floor in a building (strata title) or lease land and then build upon it. For villas, many foreigners opt for long-term leases or establish a local legal entity to hold the land.
When you buy through IPS, Cambodia, there are no hidden charges.
Foreign buyers will be subject to stamp duty (or transfer tax) and an annual property tax. It's vital to consult with a local tax advisor to understand your tax obligations fully.
Maintenance fees largely depend on the property and its location. Some villas within gated communities or developments might have monthly or annual maintenance fees for shared amenities or security.
The typical villa purchase process can take a few weeks to a few months, depending on the property's legal status and potential complications. Usually, the Title Transfer procedure takes 90 days to complete.
When negotiating, consider the property's condition, current market prices for similar properties, how long the villa has been on the market, and any other terms and conditions that might be beneficial.
Villas are good options for investment. Depending on location and other amenities, annual home value appreciation ranges from 5% to 8%.
Transfers must be processed through the local land office or competent authorities and require various documents, including land titles, identification, and tax clearance. A local lawyer can assist in ensuring all legal requirements are met.
Always conduct a comprehensive property inspection before purchase. Additionally, verify land titles, ensure no outstanding mortgages or liens on the property, and check for any land disputes.
Yes, IPS offers a range of services, including property management.