The Cambodian Government’s official e-Visa site https://evisa.gov.kh/ has announced that starting October 19, the tourist e-Visa scheme is available once again.
The Cambodian government offers visas for foreign nationals: the Ordinary Visa for work or study, the Tourist Visa for tourism purposes, and the Business Visa for business-related visits, the Official E-Vidsa website. All visas can be applied for online through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation website.
The Ordinary Visa is valid for up to 1 year and can be extended, while the Tourist Visa is valid for up to 3 months and can be extended for an additional month. The Business Visa is valid for up to 3 months and can be extended. The e-visa system simplifies the application process for the Tourist Visa, allowing a single entry for tourism purposes.
Name of the ports for Entry and Exit Supported by e Visa
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Bavet (Svay Rieng)
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey)
- Preah Sihanouk International Airport (Sihanoukville)
- Sihanoukville Autonomous Port (Sihanoukville)
- Prek Chak (Kampot)
- O Smach (Oddar Meanchey)
- Anlong Veng (Oddar Meanchey)
- Choam Sanguam (Oddar Meanchey)
- Trapeang Srer (Kratie)
- Samraong (Oddar Meanchey)
- Soung (Oddar Meanchey)
- Dong Kralo Border Post (Stung Treng)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng)
- Phnom Den (Takeo)
- Neak Leung (Prey Veng)
Official Announcement from Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has issued an official statement outlining the document requirements for e-Visa applications. To apply for an e-Visa, applicants must provide a digital copy of their passport, which should have at least six months of validity remaining, as well as a recent passport-sized photo and a valid email address.
The passport must have at least one blank page for the visa sticker. Additional documents may be required depending on the applicant’s nationality and the purpose of their visit.
Step-By-Step Guide To Applying For The E-Visa Online
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and create an account.
- Fill out the application form with your personal information and upload the required documents, such as a digital copy of your passport and a recent passport-sized photo.
- Pay the visa fee online.
- Submit your application.
- Within three business days, you will receive an electronic visa via email.
- Review the information on your visa carefully and ensure that it matches your travel plans before departing for Cambodia.
Once you click the link on the website, it shows how easy it is to get your e-Visa in three (3) simple steps:
- Create an account. It says that a single account is all you need for all your future e-visa applications.
- Apply and pay. Fill out the application form and pay securely using your VisaCard, Mastercard, Unionpay, Alipay or WeChat.
- Download the e-visa PDF from your e-visa visitor account.
The requirements to complete the application are as follows:
USD $30 + $6 processing Fee
E-visa validity for use to enter Cambodia: 3 months
Period of stay granted upon arrival: 30 Days
Application processing time: 3 Days
Restrictions Or Limitations For E-Visa Applicants
- The e-Visa is valid for a single entry and up to 30 days only.
- It can be used for tourism and not for business or employment.
- Some nationalities are not eligible for the e-Visa and must apply for a traditional visa through a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
Visa Extension Process For Tourists And Property Seekers
Tourists and property seekers can extend their visas at the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh or at any Immigration Office in the provinces. The visa extension process application must be submitted at least one week before the e-Visa expires.
Tourists and property seekers seeking a visa extension must provide a completed application form, passport, and passport-sized photo. The extension can be granted for up to 30 days.
Costs And Requirements For Visa Extension
- Tourists can extend their visas for 30 days by paying a fee of USD 45.
- Property seekers must provide extra documents, including a letter from the property owner, a lease agreement, and evidence of financial support to extend their visa.
Alternatives To E-Visa For Longer Stays
If foreign nationals are planning to stay in Cambodia for extended periods, they can opt for a traditional visa by applying at a Cambodian embassy or consulate. Additionally, there are options for business visas and employment visas for those who intend to work or conduct business in the country.
Requirements for Quarantine:
Pre-book Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel to any of the following:
- Courtyard by Marriott Phnom Penh
- Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel & Residence
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Note that the Quarantine Period for fully vaccinated travelers is 7 days, while travelers that are not yet vaccinated or are not fully vaccinated must still undergo 14-day quarantine.
It is also mandatory to have a Forte COVID-19 Insurance Policy. Ensure that you’re also bringing your Vaccine card with you, to be checked upon arrival.
This is a major step towards reopening Cambodia – the Tourist e-Visa scheme’s suspension has effectively crippled Cambodia’s once thriving tourism sector.
It appears, though, that citizens of some countries – including the United States, as well as EU member states are not currently able to apply for the e-visa. This situation may be an issue with the website, or may be a country exclusion policy.
Keep checking our website for more updates.
Tips For A Successful E-Visa Application
- Provide accurate and complete information in the e-Visa application form.
- Avoid common mistakes during the application process, such as submitting incomplete or incorrect documents.
- Understand the reasons for visa rejection and take the necessary steps to reapply, such as seeking assistance or consulting a visa specialist.
Navigating the Cambodian Property Market
Cambodia’s property market is primarily driven by foreign investors, particularly from China and South Korea. The top cities and regions for property investment are Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, and Siem Reap.
To find the best property deals, conducting thorough research, seeking advice from local experts, and visiting the property in person is essential. Foreigners can own properties in Cambodia by purchasing a condominium unit or acquiring a long-term leasehold but should seek legal advice to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
Partnering with a Reputable Property Dealer in Cambodia
Choosing the right property dealer is key to a successful investment experience in Cambodia. IPS Cambodia is a reputable real estate agency with over 10 years of experience and a team of experts in property valuation, legal compliance, and market trends.
With excellent customer service and a wide range of services, IPS Cambodia has satisfied clients who praise their professionalism and dedication to results. Contact IPS Cambodia today to ensure a smooth and informed property investment experience in Cambodia.
The Cambodian e-Visa has made it easier for property seekers to explore and invest in Cambodia’s real estate market. With the ability to stay longer and the convenience of online applications, interested investors can take their time to find the perfect property.
It’s encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity and explore the top cities and regions for property investment. Working with a reputable property dealer like IPS Cambodia can also provide valuable expertise and services for a successful investment experience.
Read here for a complete TRAVEL GUIDE TO CAMBODIA #COVID19